Doctors referring patients to us
After you have completed the form, please fax it to our office at 416-498-8487.
We appreciate your business!
Sleep for Dentistry has been fortunate over the years to have had many dentists, near and far, refer their patients to us for care. Sometimes these referrals are for a specific procedure, after which your patient is sent back to you for ongoing care, at other times, the referral is for continuing care by us.
Some common reasons for a dentist to refer their patient to our office include the following:
- A patient who exhibits dental phobia;
- A patient who requires treatment that they are anxious about (i.e. extractions, root canal treatment, etc.);
- A young child for whom cooperation is difficult and managing them while they are awake is challenging. This could be a youngster who requires one or two restorations or a child with nursing or baby bottle decay who requires full mouth restoration;
- A patient who is medically compromised in such a way that treating them with some level of sedation might enhance their safety during their appointment. Some examples of such medical conditions include high blood pressure, angina, epilepsy, and other conditions where anxiety might exacerbate that condition;
- A patient who requires difficult dentistry or numerous procedures at once and sedation might allow for easier, more comfortable and more efficient treatment.